Best Nespresso Capsules: Buying Guide And Reviews Of The Top Choices
If you are looking for the perfect way to prepare your caffeine fix at the comfort of your own home, you should have the best Nespresso capsules. Available in a wide array of flavors, there is surely something for everyone, regardless of what tickles your taste bud.
Thinking of buying Nespresso capsules? Do not be confused with the multiplicity of the options. Read this guide and learn from the insights shared below, which will help you come up with the right decision.
Benefits Of Nespresso Capsules
Why would you even bother buying high-priced Nespresso capsules when you can just make your own coffee? After all, you will still be required to buy a machine where these capsules will be used. Here are some of the reasons that you can possibly find compelling:
- Variety of Flavors: One of the best things about Nespresso capsules is that they are available in tons of flavors. The single-use cup has various flavors that will suit different tastes.
- Minimizes Waste: Each Nespresso capsule is good only for one cup of coffee, depending on the size that is chosen. This means that you will be making only the right amount, and hence, there will be less waste.
- Stays Fresh Longer: Another good thing about Nespresso capsules is that they have a factory seal that makes it fresh for an extended period. This will not be penetrated by air and other external elements that can possibly damage its flavor.
- Easy to Use: When making a traditional espresso, there are many things that you have to do, such as grinding the beans and tamping to ensure the right pressure. With Nespresso capsules, it will be a lot simpler to come up with your caffeine fix.
- Eliminates Guesswork: Using Nespresso capsules is also a good thing because there is no need to guess the right blend of ingredients. You can be assured of consistent flavor all the time since all the ingredients are already blended.
How To Choose The Best Nespresso Capsules
To make things easier, here are some of the most important things that you should keep in mind:
- Choose the Right Flavor: The first thing you should do is to think about the preferred flavor. When it comes to flavor intensity, you can choose from subtle to bold. There are some that are caffeinated and some have specialty flavorings.
- Size: Each capsule has a predetermined size, which means that it will produce a certain amount of coffee. You can choose from Ristretto (25 ml), Espresso (40 ml), and Lungo (110 ml).
- Intensity: This will refer to how bold is the flavor of your coffee, which all boils down to personal preferences. This is not a reference to caffeine content, but rather, it refers to bitterness, body, and “roastiness”.
- Aroma: This refers to how the finished product will smell like. It can be fruity/flowery, mild, and intense. The aroma of the capsule will have an effect on how you can enjoy it and will affect its taste as well.
Different Flavors For Nespresso Capsules
You will have a long list of options for the best Nespresso capsules, but the following are some of the best you might want to consider:
- Ristretto: On a scale of 1 to 10, in terms of intensity, it is a 10. It comes with a full-bodied flavor that has subtle flowery notes. It is made using Arabica beans imported from East Africa and South America.
- Arpeggio: It has an intensity rating of 9 out of 10. It has a strong character with distinct cocoa flavor. The beans are finely ground, which results in its bold flavor. It is made using Central and South American Arabica.
- Roma: The intensity rating of this Nespresso capsule is 8 out of 10. It is an ideal choice for espresso. The taste is long-lasting and woodsy. The flavor is full and balanced, which is achieved through the use of Arabica and Robusta beans.
- Vanilio: With an intensity rating of 6 out of 10, this is the perfect for people who prefer a hint of sweetness to balance the bitterness of their coffee. It has a decadent smooth vanilla flavor.
- Linizio: Made from a blend of South American Arabica, tie flavor will remind you of malt and cereal. The combination of Colombian and Brazilian coffee results to a distinct and balanced flavor. The intensity flavor is 4 out of 10.
- Decaffeinato: This is the best choice if you want to drink coffee but you have caffeine sensitivity. It comes with a fruity and delicate flavor. It has an intensity rating of only 2 out of 10.
It should be noted that those mentioned above are just some of the choices that you have. There are tons of other flavors with varying intensity and aroma. Whether you want your coffee mild or strong, there is an option that is right for you.
Regardless of what Nespresso capsule flavor is chosen, they are all basically made the same way. Below is a short clip that shows what exactly is inside every capsule.
Reviews Of The Best Nespresso Capsules
Check Extract Price
If you are clueless on which one should be chosen, the following are some of the options that you will be confronted with.
Nespresso OriginalLine Capsules:
Roma – 50 Count
This is one option you might want to consider in your search for the best Nespresso capsule. Roma is a line that is known for light roasting. This means that you will be able to get the kick of caffeine, but still, it is not as powerful as a regular espresso.
How is its flavor achieved? The choice of ingredients is probably one of the reasons. With this, it is made using beans that are grown in high altitude, specifically Arabica from the Central American region.
In terms of its aroma, you might have another reason to love it, especially if you like woody flavors. The flavored beans are only light-roasted, which is why it is not that bitter, yet it comes with a kick of caffeine.
On a scale of 1 to 10, the intensity is rated 8. This means that it is still powerful, yet it is not as bitter as espresso roast.
- Full-bodied flavor
- Light roasted
- Aroma is not overpowering
- High price
- Prone to denting
Nespresso OriginalLine Capsules: Livanto, 50 Count
If you prefer coffee that is not too strong, this is one option that you might love. It has an intensity rating of only 6 out of 10, which makes if the right choice for people who do not like their coffee to be too bitter. Yet, its coffee taste is not lost.
When it comes to its aromatic profile, it will remind you of cereal. This is why it makes a great way to start your morning.
The beans that are used for making this Nespresso capsule are sourced from Central and South America. Arabican beans are used, which are bitter, but it results to a well-rounded and balanced taste because it is only lightly roasted.
This is a common choice for people who make espresso. However, the roasting process makes sure that the bitterness will not be overpowering, while still being able to maintain the caffeine kick.
Once capsule of this Nespresso can make a 40-ml drink.
- Well-balanced aroma
- Not too bitter
- Impressive aroma
- May lack bitterness for some people
Nespresso OriginalLine: Cosi, 50 Count
Some people like coffee, but they often find a traditional espresso to be too strong. With this, you might want to consider this product as an alternative. It has an intensity rating of only 3 out of 10, which shows how light-bodied it is.
Its aroma is also a welcomed alternative compared to the common roasted coffee that you often smell in the morning. Its aroma is similar to a mild cereal, which is complemented with fruity notes. This is rather unusual, which can make it perfect for those who dare to be different.
The flavor and aroma of this Nespresso capsule is achieved through the use of well-selected ingredients from the best coffee region in the world. The beans are harvested from Central and South America, as well as East Africa.
Because of the low intensity of its bitterness, a lot of people who are used to drinking espresso can possibly find it to be quite weak. On the other hand, if a regular espresso is too strong for you, this is one you might find to be an impressive pick.
- Perfect for people who do not like strong coffee
- Refreshing taste
- Has a fruity taste
- Many find it too light
- Not for espresso lovers
Nespresso OriginalLine: Rosabaya, 50 Count
With an intensity level of 6 out of 10, this is not as bitter as a traditional espresso. It has hints of fruity notes, which are appreciated by some, but for other people, they see it as a disadvantage. This can be especially true for people who are used to drinking strong coffee.
This is a Nespresso that is fruity and balanced, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds. The acidity is only subtle. The flavor, meanwhile, will remind you of wine and red fruit, which also gives it a distinct advantage above many others.
If you want to experience the optimal flavor of this Nespresso capsule, it should not be paired with something that is too sweet. The latter can be overshadowed by the sweetness of the coffee. It is recommended that you enjoy it with some dark chocolate.
It is made from Colombian Arabica. The beans are cultivated in the highest region in Colombia, which are grown by small farmers. They are also hand-picked and treated carefully, which gives it a distinct flavor. It undergoes wet method, which maximizes its aroma.
- Mild bitterness
- Creamy flavor
- A bit expensive
- Some might find it too fruity
Nespresso OriginalLine: Volluto, 50-count
Do you love coffee? Looking for the perfect way to enjoy it quickly and conveniently? This can be a good choice for you, especially because it is mild. Its intensity rating is only 4 out of 10. This means that it is not as strong as most of the capsules, but it still has a distinct character.
This is made using South American Arabica beans. The word Arabica may intimidate most people, especially those who are unaware of the origins of their coffee. Even if Arabica is often equated to bitterness, this capsule has a mild taste.
The flavor is inherently fruity. You might like it if you are only an occasional coffee lover and if bitterness is not your thing. The aroma, on the other hand, is often described as cereal and fruity, which makes it distinct.
You might like this if you want an easy drinking coffee that can be enjoyed anytime of the day. You might find yourself enjoying a couple of cups throughout the day. One capsule can make 1.35-ounce cup.
- Impressive aroma
- Perfect for light coffee drinkers
- Light acidity
- Steep price
- Some might find it too light
While the best Nespresso capsules may seem expensive, it is a must for every coffee lover. This can be cheaper than coffee that is brought from overpriced chains. It is easy and convenient to prepare. Within a few seconds, your drink is ready. The best thing is that you can enjoy a wide array of flavors, as it has been mentioned above.
From the five products that we have reviewed earlier, if there is one that we can recommend, it would be 50 Nespresso OriginalLine Capsules: Roma – 50 Count. It has a full and balanced flavor with an intensity rating of 8 out of 10. You might love this if you want strong coffee. It has a woody aroma and intense flavor, which can make it an excellent choice for a quick caffeine fix.